FreeNX MORE.... The Best Remote Desktop -- Followup

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Thu Jun 2 02:52:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 21:23 -0500, Kevin C. Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 21:13 -0500, Tom Adelstein wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 20:44 -0500, R S Gill wrote:
> > > But what is the name of the FreeNX client package??? Or did you just
> > > install the one from the NoMachine's website?
> > >
> > > Gill
> > <snip>
> >
> > The client package installed with FreeNX from backports.
> >

> That explains why it nxclient is missing from Hoary backports.
> I still have the Warty package. Guess I should remove it?
>
> Anyone know why this was done? It makes sense to me to keep the
> client and server stuff in different packages.

Okay. There is a client installed with freenx, however it is not
pretty, not user friendly, and I'm not sure it even works.
I went to nomachine.com and downloaded the Debian Woody package and
installed it. Worked fine.

It would be nice if the freenx client was integrated into the
"Terminal Server Client" and moved into the supported repositories.

--
Kevin C. Smith