kernel hang (5.04 - 2.6.11-1-686 #1)

xbaez ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jun 1 20:43:22 UTC 2005

Hey, thank you very much for the tip

I installed how to compile nvidia*.deb packages, and now I have 4
kernels, all of them seem to work, and all of them have the nvidia
installer.

In other distros, it would have taken me HOURS to install+compile new
kernels, plus the install+compile of the nvidia modules for each and
every one of the kernels.

One question though

How can I tell grub not to delete the 'noinotify' by the 'update-grub'
script?

I read the message below but not fully understood it

### BEGIN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST

## lines between the AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST markers will be modified

## by the debian update-grub script except for the default optons
below

## DO NOT UNCOMMENT THEM, Just edit them to your needs

## ## Start Default Options ##

## default kernel options

## default kernel options for automagic boot options

## If you want special options for specifiv kernels use kopt_x_y_z

## where x.y.z is kernel version. Minor versions can be omitted.

## e.g. kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro

# kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro bootkbd=es

--
xbaez