turn off animation during minimize

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Jun 1 16:41:29 UTC 2005

> I suspect this has been covered somewhere

Yes, I hate this animation. I asked about it a here, as well as the
Gnome forums, long ago.

Short answer : you will have to live with it.

Longer answer : in Gconf there is key for Metacity (which is responsible
for this behaviour), that does turn this animation off. The problem is
that it also does something else at the same time : when you move a
window, it will show a wire frame, not the window's content anymore,
like Windows 3.1 did in its time...
Long ago, I think I came across a patch to cure this, but patching is
beyond my limited skills. Plus, it was a long time ago, so the patch
would obviously not apply to Ubuntu's source code for Metacity, unless
you are a programmer and can figure it out by yourself.

HTH

--
Vince