ATi graphics cards

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Wed Jun 1 12:46:52 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 31.05.2005, 20:04 -0700 schrieb Kreg Schlosser:
> I said this in another post but I will say it again here:
> GET AND NVIDIA CARD!!!
> Why you may ask?
> Nvidia supports linux with proper drivers, and has been for a while
> now. ATI only jumped on the band wagon a few months ago. There drivers
> are buggy, incomplete and don't work for their full line of cards.
> That does not count as support.
> If you are going to spend your money, give it to a company that supports linux.
> [rant over :)]

and i'm one from the opposide ;)
unless you're not a hardcore-gamer, ati cards are much more reliable
than nvidia cards. if you're main interest is NOT gaming, the 2d signal
of ati cards is superior compared to nvidia. and if i look through the
list-archives here, theres much more people having trouble with
nvidia-drivers than the ati users.
and as far as i understand it, is ati not that bad in supporting the
os-community by delivering specs to build proper open source drivers.
unless you're not in the need for neglecting your life and playing doom3
all day long, theres no other reason than personal flavour to go nvidia.

--
ulrich