Kontact

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Sun Jul 31 08:29:30 UTC 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 06:05, R S Gill wrote:
> I have a problem with e-mail in Kontact. My e-mail account is on an IMAP
> server. I'm able to receive and send mail just fine.
>
> However, when I try to create filters to sort my mail (eg move mail for
> this mailing list into its own folder), there is no opton to select any of
> my folders on the IMAP server. The only destination folders that I can
> select are subdirectories of Local Folders.
>
> Can anyone offer suggestions/assistance?

Sadly, client-side IMAP filtering is one of the few things that KMail doesn't
do :(   To configure server-side IMAP filtering through KMail, you have to
setup sieve, but I've never bothered.  I once had procmail setup to filter my
mail on the server, then to pass it on to DBMail for storage in an IMAP
database, but these days I just keep it client-side.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com