How to print music CD song list?

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Sat Jul 30 11:47:17 UTC 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 10:28, Sebastian Bassi wrote:
> Does K3B allows to print the CD song list? Another app to do it (in an
> easy way, don't want to fire OO and start typing) :) ?

Hi Sebastian,

I assume you are burning a CD from songs you have stored as mp3 or ogg on your
hard drive, correct?  If so, you can use amaroK.  amaroK integrates with K3B
for burning, so you can load up a playlist with whatever audio tracks you
want to burn, and select the "Burn Selected Tracks" option that will fire up
K3B with the selected playlist tracks ready for burning.  amaroK also has
some other burning options such as "Burn This Album" or "Burn All Tracks By
This Artist" that you might find useful.

Now, more to the point of your question, amaroK also has a function called
playlist2html that you can use to generate an HTML file containing
information about the tracks in your playlist.  So, after you've created your
playlist for burning, you can use the playlist2html function on that
playlist, and then open up the HTML file in Konqueror or Firefox and print
it.  The playlist2html function is under "Tools > Scripts >playlist2html.py"

The HTML file produced by playlist2html may or may not be suitable for you, as
it contains more information than just the track titles and uses color
formatting, etc.  If you find that the output isn't quite what you want, let
me know and I can probably hack together a version that produces more bare
bones output, which I could send to you and you could install in amaroK.

Hope this helps.

--
Jason Voegele
divorce, n: