(Breezy) X.org and /dev/input/mice

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Sat Jul 30 03:09:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:53:04AM -0400, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> So, doing
> sudo mknod /dev/input/mice c 13 63
> fixed it. But I shouldn't have had to do that. Why did
> /dev/input/mice stop working?

Well, this is odd: moving the mousedev module from the
beginning of the /etc/modules file to the end fixed it. Why
would that be? Below are the contents of my /etc/modules.
Any ideas?

# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file should contain the names of kernel modules that are
# to be loaded at boot time, one per line.  Comments begin with
# a "#", and everything on the line after them are ignored.

#psmouse
ide-cd
ide-detect
ide-disk