Alternate Ubuntu/Linux Mailing List

Arjan Geven arjangeven at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:31:55 UTC 2005

On 7/27/05, daphatbell at gmail.com <daphatbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just wondering if there's an alternate Mailing list I can try to get my problem
> solved? I can not expect Ed to spend his valuable time on it. Since he was nice
> enough to at least attempt to give me some assistance, and to that end, I can't thank
> him enough.

Yes, the list is full of helpful people. There's not something like a
second line list though. You could try the forums
(www.ubuntuforums.org) or the ubuntu channel on IRC. I guess the
chances that you'll get help fast are higher on IRC.

I would like to get this problem solved. In the past I would have just un-
> installed Linux and go on about my business, but Ubuntu has took hold and I'm trying
> my best, but if I can't get a simple<sic> problem like mounting SATA
> drive(s)/Partition(s), then I really don't have any more use for it,s eeing that my SATA
> drive is the primary drive for the computer, but not the drive in which Linux is booted.

That doesn't sound like a very difficult problem to solve. Well, not
that I have much experience mounting SATA-disks, but it should be
possible. Perhaps someone else on this list can take a look?

Regards & Good luck,
Arjan .