Setting up a icecast uplink

ign ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed Jul 27 10:51:35 UTC 2005

i also have an icecast server (v. 1 in thin case) and i'm trying to
stream to it.

i'd like to use Muse, but, unfortunately i get the following message
when trying to make the install (it's in spanish, i hope it'd
understandable):

root at ignux:/home/ME # dpkg -i /home/ME/Desktop/MuSE-0.9.1-i386-1.deb

Seleccionando el paquete muse-streamer previamente no seleccionado.

(Leyendo la base de datos ...

64482 ficheros y directorios instalados actualmente.)

Desempaquetando muse-streamer (de .../Desktop/MuSE-0.9.1-i386-1.deb)

dpkg: problemas de dependencias impiden la configuración de
muse-streamer:

muse-streamer depende de libvorbis0a (>= 1.1.0); sin embargo:

Versión de libvorbis0a  en el sistema es 1.0.1-1.

muse-streamer depende de libvorbisenc2 (>= 1.1.0); sin embargo:

Versión de libvorbisenc2  en el sistema es 1.0.1-1.

muse-streamer depende de libvorbisfile3 (>= 1.1.0); sin embargo:

Versión de libvorbisfile3  en el sistema es 1.0.1-1.

dpkg: error al procesar muse-streamer (--install):

problemas de dependencias - se deja sin configurar

Se encontraron errores al procesar:

muse-streamer

the vorbis libraries cant be updated using synaptics or apt-get, and i
don't feel confident enough to select the proper package and install
(don't want to ruin my ubuntu sistem). i found this list of packages:

http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix_1.0.1.psp

i've also been trying to setup Darkice (that would be my pick, it would
let me stream playlists and soundcard input in an easy way, using xmms
and Darksnow as GUI) and oddcast, but the first won't recognise the
lame encoder i installed apart (it doesn't come packaged with it) and
the second needs to setup Jack, which i haven't been able to configure
(not a lot of documentation for newcomers on the subject).

i'd be very  grateful if anyone could help with any of these programs,
as it's a matter that hasn't been commented on the forums.

--
ign