[USN-149-2] Fixed Firefox packages for USN-149-1

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Tue Jul 26 07:12:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:38 pm, J.Markoll wrote:
> jdong wrote:
> | UPDATE: Firefox 1.0.6-1ubuntu1~5.04ubp1 has been marked as stable. This
> | should end this nightmare.
>
> Wonderful! I just got the dist-upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.6 and rebooted.

Just out of curiosity, why did you reboot?  Did your dist-upgrade include a
kernel update?  Was there a libc update?  If both of those are "no", then
there's no need to reboot.  Not even "to be sure" or "to be safe".  Linux !=
Windows, and updates don't normally require reboots ;)

Not sure if you were aware of the few circumstances in which you'd reboot a
Linux system.  Glad you're happy with Linux :)

Cheers

James
--
Boy, am I glad it's only 1971...