Support contract with canonical

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Tue Jul 26 18:59:31 UTC 2005

Wouter Hanegraaff schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> For the past three months I've been trying to purchase an escalation
> support contract for a small network of ubuntu desktops and a server
> with ubuntu/canonical. However, other than an occasional "sorry for the
> delay" e-mail I had no serious reply.
>
> Is there anyone here on this list who managed to get a support contract
> with ubuntu/canonical? If so, what are your experiences with their
> support? I really hope the support team is a lot more responsive than
> the sales team, because this is really annoying.
>
> If anyone knows how to get in touch with ubuntu, preferably by phone,
> please let me know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wouter

I've no personal experience with canonical sales/support, but as I
understand what I've read in several interviews with Mark, canonical
aims for some kind of multiple-level support contracts. I mean, like
canonical supporting other service providers who in turn support end users.
I think there is a page somewhere in the ubuntu website where local
ubuntu service providers can register. Ah, here:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/supportoptions/marketplace/

Maybe you find someone near your place.

HTH,
Guido