Gui programming with python

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Jul 25 19:28:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 01:22:57PM +0500, Mustafa wrote:
>Brian Puccio wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 12:42 +0500, Mustafa wrote:
>> http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/
>>http://primates.ximian.com/~sandino/python-glade/thnkas
>thanks but i have allreasy seen both of them.
>the visual one is very nice but seems kind if incomplete and the second is not
>at all about glade and is very long and boring.
>i suppose if there are no other i'll just use these but i'd prefer if
>better tutorial could be found.

LinuxJournal ran a few articles on GUI programming in Python:

 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6586
 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7421

They're a bit old, but they got me started on using Python and Glade. No
introduction/tutorial in the world will answer all your questions! You
should subscribe yourself to the PyGTK mailing list. Check the following
links for the info:

 http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK

For the interested I can also recommend Eric Raymond's piece called "Why
Python?"

 http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Cryptography, at least in its public embodiment, is finally, slowly,
and painfully becoming a science. Part of that evolution is the
dawning of an understanding of exactly what cryptographic guarantees
mean, and how delicate they can be. I think it's safe to say that not
a single *cryptographic* claim made in any paper published before, oh,
1985 or so (perhaps even as late as 1990) could be fully justified
today. (Of course, the better work was usually *almost* correct, but
the theoretical underpinning was simply not there to even state the
claims in a way that could be properly formalized.)
      -- Jerry Leichter