$50 laser printer

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon Jul 25 16:11:11 UTC 2005

Jack Jackson wrote:
> Albin Blaschka wrote:
>
>> Jack Jackson schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi, I'm not affiliated with this shop or the Samsung company in any
>>> way, but I bought this B&W laser printer last week and it *ROCKS* -
>>> $50 after rebates.
>>

>> [...]
>> Mhmm, sounds not that bad: *BUT* how much is the refill? Normally with
>> such offers on printers the downside is the refilling, sometimes this
>> is more expensive as the printer itself...
>

> Hi,
> Staples lists the toner replacement cartridge at $79.99, definitely more
> than the printer itself. However I expect thousands of pages out of each
> cartridge. I seem to recall a discussion on this subject on this list
> (?). In any event I'll be interested to see if anyone has any experience
> with the longevity of the cartridges ?

I got "screwed" by buying a Dell ink jet printer when I found out it came with
"trial" cartridges which from what I hear are about 1/4 the size of the real ones.
    The cartridges had part numbers and item numbers and some other number, but I
couldn't find any of them anywhere on the web (which makes sense - there is no
reason anyone would want to buy them.)

On the Samsung, what is the part number of the included cartridge?  (basically, is
it a normal capacity or some goofy sample size like the dell.)

btw - I think it is great that you are promoting unix friendly companies - I keep
wanting to make a web site based on that concept.

^Carl K