KDE vs Gnome

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Sat Jul 23 02:07:41 UTC 2005

Just gave KDE a try.. It doesn't feel like 'Ubuntu' at all. Also it
lacks a 'Places' menu where you can actually find your drives. And sound
didn't configure automatically, it requires fiddling in a configuration
screen. Good things too.. It added absolutely everything and the kitchen
sink to the menus.. :) In Gnome you get sometimes that you install
something but then it fails to give you a menu item.  And I bet some
people are easily impressed by some of the visual effects in KDE.
(Personally I was never that impressed by KDE in either Mandrake or
Mepis)

So I'd say install the KDE apps you need (like the CD burning one which
is great), but Ubuntu means Gnome..

Cheers,
Chanchao