BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL modem? (EciAdsl?)

senshisteph ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 23 01:52:27 UTC 2005

Hi, here's exactly what I did. You can copy the commands I used and
paste them into terminal by pressing ctrl+shift+v (or edit=>paste) all
except for the first one where you need to add in the path.

The download page is here:
http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/download/nortek-2021/

you need to download the .deb package from that page and the synch_bin
file from the main download page.

Open a terminal and type

dpkg -i /path/eciadsl-usermode_0.10_i386.deb

(replace the word 'path' with where the file is, e.g. /media/usb0/ ) to
install the package.

when the package has been installed, type

eciadsl-config-tk or

eciadsl-config-text

Enter the following information:

user name: firstname.lastname at btbroadband.com

password: x (a single letter 'x')

provider: 51 (British Telecom)

DNS1: (enter to accept default)

DNS2: (enter to accept default)

VPI: 0

VCI: 38

modem type: 11 (BT Voyager 105)

VID1: 1690

PID1: 0215

VID2: 1690

PID2: 0215

modem chipset: GS7470

USB ALT interface for SYNCH: accept default

USB ALT interface for PPPOECI: accept default

synch file: /etc/eciadsl/gs7470_synch03.bin

PPP mode: accept default

is DHCP used? no

is a static ip used? no

Finally, unpack the synch_bin files into /etc/eciadsl - I am not sure
how to do it with archive manager due to permissions, so I ended up
unpacking the .tar.bz2 archive in my home folder then repacking it into
a .tar.gz (after trying several different ways) - I then opened a root
terminal and typed

cd /etc/eciadsl && tar xvzf /home/eciadsl-synch_bin.tar.gz

You should now be good to go. Reset your modem just to be sure by
disconnecting it for 20 seconds, then plug it back in and in a terminal
type

sudo eciadsl-start

enter your Ubuntu password and hopefully it will connect just fine.

Hope this helps!!

--
senshisteph