nvidia glx problem (black screen)

pailhead ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Jul 22 13:14:06 UTC 2005

raven3 at freemail.gr Wrote:
> hello.
> I've been having problems installing the nvidia glx drivers for my
> graphics card.my setup is a STB velocity 4400( Riva TNT1) and a Sony
> CPD E100E and a Intel Celeron 1200(tualatin). At first i tried
> installing the drivers through apt. but after enabling glx i only got a
> black screen and an unresponsive system. i then tried installing the
> drivers from nvidia ,both the same as the ones in the repos and some
> older 6xxx one. this time i got again a black screen and upon reboot X
> would crash complaining it couldnt find a useable resulotion/refresh
> rate combination. running dpkg-reconfigure removed the message,
> although i didnt set the refresh rate, but i still was getting a black
> screen. I reistalled the drivers from the ubuntu repos but the problem
> was still there. I have no idea what to do next, any help would be
> appreciated. attached are my xorg.conf and xorg.log in the tar. the
> thing is i this card worked "out of the box" on warty with glx...
> Panos

I'm having an issue as well and I can't figure it out. I've done
everything that was asked when installing the drivers, GLcore, dri
removal and change from nv to nvidia and when I restart X my screen
blinks, CLI, black, CLI, black, CLI black and then I get an error
screen about missing screens etc.  I have to change it back to nv to
get X to load.

Any ideas on this?  I haven't seen anything when searching about this.

--
pailhead