Success Story :-)

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 04:47:26 UTC 2005

PA to the CFO comes over and requires an urgent Diagram of a display
booth we're putting up at a local convention.
10 mins of stuffing around with pencils and erasers and me getting
angry with my disability to draw what's in my head.
PA says we should buy MS Visio for this.
I get a brainwave and whip out my laptop with ubuntu on it.
5 min later I have opened up "synaptic" searched for "Diagram", found
"Dia", marked it for installation and clicked apply.
Another 5 mins later I have Dia open and rapidly building a suitable
plan for what's required.
An hour later it's exported to .png and sent to a very happy PA.

Couldn't have done it without the Open Source movement, Thank you all.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From