nvidia glx problem (black screen)

raven3 at freemail.gr raven3 at freemail.gr
Thu Jul 21 20:24:28 UTC 2005

hello.
I've been having problems installing the nvidia glx drivers for my graphics card.my setup is a STB velocity 4400( Riva TNT1) and a Sony CPD E100E and a Intel Celeron 1200(tualatin). At first i tried installing the drivers through apt. but after enabling glx i only got a black screen and an unresponsive system. i then tried installing the drivers from nvidia ,both the same as the ones in the repos and some older 6xxx one. this time i got again a black screen and upon reboot X would crash complaining it couldnt find a useable resulotion/refresh rate combination. running dpkg-reconfigure removed the message, although i didnt set the refresh rate, but i still was getting a black screen. I reistalled the drivers from the ubuntu repos but the problem was still there. I have no idea what to do next, any help would be appreciated. attached are my xorg.conf and xorg.log in the tar. the thing is i this card worked "out of the box" on warty with glx...
Panos