KDE vs Gnome

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Thu Jul 21 13:07:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, July 21, 2005 5:19 am, Lee Braiden said:
> Next, there is sheer speed.  I guess it's another result of that tight
> integration and good design principles: Konqueror is by far the fastest
> browser I've ever used, and that shows in how much I *do* use it.  With
> konqueror, I can instantly do web searches, by just clicking the konqueror
> icon, and typing gg:whatever for a google search, dict:whatever for a
> dictionary lookup, froo:whatever for a froogle search, etc.

Actually, you don't even need to load Konqueror to do this.  Simply hit
"Alt-F2" and type in any URL, such as gg:whatever, and it will
automatically load the handler (Konqueror in this case).  I use "Alt-F2"
-> dict:some_word all the time. :-)

--
Jason Voegele
"There is an essential core at the center of each man and woman that