The Breezy Badger Mascot

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:34:43 UTC 2005

On 7/21/05, Arjan Geven <arjangeven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, it reminds me of the creatures from the movie 'Ice Age', and it
> sure looks good. However, as Ubuntu is trying to take over the world
> of Operating Systems, perhaps some reference to Pinky and the Brain
> would be nice?
>
> So, what are we gonna do tonight, Brain?
> The same we do every night, Pinky.. we're going to try and take over the world!

Brain: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Pinky: "Sure Brain, but me and Pippy Longstockings? What would the
children look like?"

or

Pinky: "Yes Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at
this hour?"

(my two favorites) :o)

I like this mascot as well, and I've heard that Jeff Waugh mentioned a
mascot contest at some point, but I haven't heard any more about it.
I'm not sure how successful a mascot would be with a 6 month release
cycle, but if this artist wanted to keep with the "Ice Age-ish" theme
for half a dozen releases, that could be cool. It'd be a little less
like a mascot and more like variations on an artistic theme -
something like the O'Reilly book covers.

As the coordinator for the new Ubuntu Art Team, I'm hoping that we'll
have voting/ranking abilities on the Ubuntu Art website that's in the
works (technically just on the drawing board at the moment - no pun
intended). If I had to make an executive decision though, this would
be our character. I liked the variations with the fan too - after all,
he IS a Breezy Badger. :o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu