second user login???

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jul 20 06:27:17 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 10:20:32AM +0500, Mustafa Abbasi wrote:
>is there a way that when my user screen is locked(passwprd required to
>open) then the login screen appears so i don't have to be around if
>another user wants to login.( i use gnome)
>i know a feature like this exists in KDE but i really want to use
>gnome(for reason i will not give in order to not not start a desktop
>war

You can switch to a terminal and start another X instance:

 $ startx -- :1

You can also start a second GDM instance (Applications->System
Tools->New Login). You'll have to do that _before_ locking your own
screen though.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu.
     -- Mao Tse Stallman