[ Warty ] Needs a copy of few icons...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Jul 18 15:08:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 07:51 -0700, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> if you go on packages.ubuntu.com, you could search for the package(s)
> from Warty that contains these files (gnome-icon-theme_2.8.0-0ubuntu2
> has the 48x48 ones).  Download them (that will be a .deb file),
> manually
> extract the content of that deb (I personally use the ar command; but
> dpkg can probably do it as well), and you will then have the files
> tyou
> are looking for.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the files you sent me off-list, sadly I didn't find the nice
I was looking for... I must keep searching. You are right about
searching, I did just that. Man pages came to the rescue and I quickly
found that "dpkg -S <filename> " would come to the rescue. You really
get to love these little CLI tools and their man pages, they are
amazing :-)

The package containing all the icons is called "gnome-icon-them", in my
breezy system. I dug out my old Warty install CD and located the
corresponding package. So I am almost there, I hope.  "Almost", because
it appears that the file-roller/archiver is unable to open Deb packages,
might be a Breezy bug, I could swear it could do it in Hoary ? Hmmm...

Hopefully dpkg can just extract the files in my  home directory without
installing the package itself. Let's open this dpkg man page again...
where is this lovely option that will sort me out....

Regards,

--
Vince