Ubuntu "Lite"

Amichai Teumim amichai.teumim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:38:03 UTC 2005

Hi

As long as there is someone there to tell them how do thigns, when they
get lost, complaint level will be low to non-existent.

I use Galeon when I run Gnome, but when I run Xfce I feel guilty running
Galeon so I run Firefox. :\

Galeon integrates more with Gnome and with even Xfce for the matter.
Firefox even thought very customizable wants to be unique. Speed is
relatively the same. Unless you pack up firefox with all those
extensions to make it like a space station control centrer.

What I like about epiphany is that when you download files, if the file
is the same as previous one then it assigns it another number, therefore
changing the file and allowing you to download. All the other browsers
I've seen will pop up "this file already exists, cancel or overwrite".
That bugs me.

Opera is very cool, bothers me that it's comercial, and I have a hard
time trusting commercial stuff. I was very pleased to switch from
LimeWire to gtk-gnutella. Downlaods took 2 days on Limewire and onyl a
few hours on gtk-gnutella when it comes to half a gig movies. Suspicious?

-amichai