How to set server bootoption for install cd when using bootx

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Jul 18 00:28:41 UTC 2005

This is my first attempt at branching out to help a PPC user on an Ubuntu
mailing list, so bear with me. Support for OldWorld machines like the
Wallstreet was nothing more than an afterthought in Warty. You'll have
much better luck with Hoary. If disk space is at a premium, you might want
to consider using either quik or miBoot instead of BootX, because they
don't need a Mac OS 9 install in addition to your Linux. However, whether
you use BootX, quik, or miBoot, setting it up to boot is going to be a
major pain if your display is broken. If you stick with BootX anyway,
you'll need to increase the RAM Disk Size to boot the installer. The
Additional Kernel Arguments equivalent to the server option for Hoary are:

base-config/package-selection= base-config/install-language-support=false --