Got it installed!!!!

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Sun Jul 17 15:37:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 09:58:42AM -0500, Barry Young wrote:
> (1) I am interested in learning the commands (Unix) so I can build some scripts
> to run commands and output the result to a file and email the file.  Batch type
> processes.

Ordinarily, emailing the output of a command is easy: you
can do

commandname |mail user at domain.com

Test that out and see if it does what you want.

Then you'll need to learn about cron, which is the
job-scheduling command. See the manpage for cron(8) -- which
is to say, type 'man 8 cron'.

> (2) I need to be able to access a shared folder on Ubuntu from Windows XP.

Yes, as someone else mentioned, Samba is the canonical
answer here.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org