Grub multi boot

Marek Pawinski pawinski at ananzi.co.za
Sun Jul 17 14:26:36 UTC 2005

Hi

I decided to trash the Ubuntu installation on my laptop and install a
couple of oses multi booting. I was pleasantly surprised that Ubuntu's
grub picked up most of them except for one. The Xandros will not boot, i
get a insert correct root=boot option error.

This is in my grub config.

# This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for an existing
# linux installation on /dev/hda5.
title           Xandros_Desktop_3.0.1_OC (on /dev/hda5)
root            (hd0,4)
kernel          /vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5 ro rw acpi=on
initrd          /boot/initrd-2.6.9-x1.gz
savedefault
boot

The /dev/hda5 is correct so i don't know whats wrong.

Anyway i will remember to always install Ubuntu last as it has a
fantastic way off picking up most multi boot options unlike some others
i have played with.

Marek