.bashrc vs. .bash_profile

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Jul 16 22:38:54 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 02:35:54PM +0530, Rameshkumar wrote:
>As far as Skeletion Shell Programs, they are used to make the system
>env and varibale to make it understood by shell.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you mean.

Skeleton Shell Programs? Do you mean the files in /etc/skel?
I think those files are copied to the home dir of all newly created
users, which means they are never used directly, only copies of them are
used to set environment variables.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Finagle's First Law:
To study a subject best, understand it thoroughly before you start.