Echo Indigo PCMCIA soundcard help

Ronit Bhattacharyya ronitb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 15:28:20 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I'm running Ubuntu on a an Averatec 5500 laptop. I have an Echo Audio
Indigo PCMCIA/CardBus sound card. Ubuntu or ALSA are not recognizing
the soundcard at all. The soundcard driver has been released under the
GNU license. I found documentation for installing a module of ALSA
with the driver for this soundcard here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Echo+Digital+Audio+Corporation&card=Indigo.&chip=Motorola+56361&module=indigo

I've tried following the directions, but I have not met with success.
Has anyone else here had experience installing this type of soundcard?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ronit