Setting up Python for CGI

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Fri Jul 15 08:38:55 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 05:12, Gregory PiƱero wrote:
> Ok, I'm doing better, I think the server is _trying_ to execute my script!

> Other info:
> -My apache log file says "Premature end of script"
> -When I run the script from the console it works fine.
> -/usr/bin/python is where my python is.
> -Here are the permissions on the file:
> $ ls -l test.py
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 646 2005-07-12 18:57 test.py
>
> #!usr/bin/python
>
> import sys
> import cgi
> import cgitb
> import MySQLdb
>
> cgitb.enable()
>
> sys.stderr=sys.stdout

try changing this section to:

---------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/env python

import cgitb; cgitb.enable()
import sys
sys.stderr = sys.stdout

import cgi
import MySQLdb

That should make it more robust (by being independant of the web server's
paths etc.), and give it a better chance of sending errors to the browser.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com