Linux Server

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Fri Jul 15 07:00:05 UTC 2005

Hello Dennis,

Friday, July 15, 2005, 1:25:35 PM, you wrote:

>> Does anybody know a distribution like SLAX Server
>> Edition v 5.0.5? Coz
>> SLAX has not yet released it.
>> It has to be a LiveCD and includes DNS, DHCP, SMB,
>> HTTP, FTP, MySQL,
>> SMTP, POP3, IMAP, SSH.

DK> No that this is of any help, but why on earth would a live-cd server be
DK> useful..?

Right, I just thought the same thing.. Servers typically require some
solid configuration of all those services, yet when you reboot that
machine then you have to do it all over again. :)  (Not to mention how
you'd even implement MySQL on a live CD.. :)

And yes I would use Ubuntu for the services mentioned.  My guess is
the OP just meant an easily bootable CD and not really a live-CD?

Cheers,
Chanchao