fstab : mount points with spaces ???

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Jul 14 05:56:50 UTC 2005

> If this a bug in fstab, and if not, what is the syntax I should use in
> fstab, to specify mount points with spaces in them ?

Woooops, sorry for wasting BW chaps... I just had a look at man fstab...

-----
 The second field, (fs_file), describes the mount point for the
filesystem.  For swap partitions, this field should be specified as
‘none’. If the  name  of  the  mount point contains spaces these can be
escaped as ‘\040’.
------

Still, it was nowhere near obvious... no way I could have sussed it by
myself, so I don't feel *that* stupid.... but only little bit ;-)

It's amazing how these little man pages can help so quickly, amazing...

--
Vince, hiding in the corner again...