VoIP software for ubuntu

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:51:54 UTC 2005

On 7/13/05, Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net> wrote:
> which is a good software to use under ubuntu for VoIP.
> It should be able to use SIP and maybe IAX.
>
> I found a lot of programms i can use, but what are your favorites?

I suppose that depends on what, exactly, it is that you're trying to do.

My favorite solution is actually a combination of hardware and
software.  I use Asterisk with VoicePulse Connect as my VoIP provider,
since they provide IAX termination, and a hardware SIP phone.  Works
great.

For a pure software solution, I have not tried, but am hoping to have
the time to look into, Gizmo.  It's supposed to be an open source
Skype-like program. Details at http://www.gizmoproject.com/

--

  -- AL --