USB printer wait indefinitely

pierrO ragondin at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jul 13 13:53:25 UTC 2005

Hello,
Just few presentation before beginning. I'm working with an Eden VIA
EPIA mini-ITX; I'm coming from Mandrake 10.1; I'm member of a French LUG
(www.nautile.org)
Nice to meet you :)

My problem is that my USB printer /HP Deskjet 3820/ doesn't start printing.
Installing it seems OK, and when I try to print test page, the job is
sending to the printer.
But at that point, the printer wait and this message appears in the
state info panel :
En pause : Unable to open USB device
"usb://HP/DeskJet%203820?serial=CN2C71801G18": No such device

I've tried to enter as root in the administrative section of CUPS web
interface, but root seems not to be authorized.

Thank you if you could help me, and excuse my poor English.

pierrO