Fixing Memory Leak of Firefox

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:18:35 UTC 2005

actually

killall firefox

is the same as killing each firefox process running under your user id

from what I've seen certain extensions and plug-ins are worse
offenders than others, notably flashplayer and greasemonkey both seem
to increase the memory requirements and never return memory unless the
browser is killed.

If it's happening more often than every other day you may have some
other problem.

On 7/11/05, Vinicius Franco do Nascimento <vinicius.nascimento at gmail.com> wrote:
> using
>
> ps -waux | grep firefox
>
> and
>
> kill -9 <PROCESS NUMBER LISTED>
>
> for each process
>
> 2005/7/10, Dave Walker <dave at mudsite.com>:
> > Jeff Co wrote:
> >
> > > Is this killall firefox, the same as right-clicking it on the panel
> > > then selecting quit?
> >
> > Not, always.  Sometimes there will be a background process, or zombie
> > process, that is eating up memory.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Walker
> >
> > --

http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?