Ubuntu Engineer certification

Lee Braiden lee_b at digitalunleashed.com
Mon Jul 11 09:41:00 UTC 2005

On Monday 11 Jul 2005 08:49, Adi Attar wrote:
> Some of us at Ubuntu are currently working on an engineer certification
> programme, a system administration type certification, based on the LPI
> certification.
>
> We are still in the early stages of the project, where we are trying to
> define exactly what tasks an Ubuntu certified engineer should be able to
> do. The success of the project depends on getting this part right, and we
> are calling for as much public input as possible.

My only input would be that a) this is a good idea; and b) hopefully this will
be an online and free certification inasmuch as humanly possible.  That way,
all members of the community, no matter what their country or background, can
achieve it based on merit rather than financial resources.

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.DigitalUnleashed.com