kernel

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Jul 10 10:53:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 11:47:45AM +0200, Johan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>New to ubuntu - kindly what is the command in apt-get to upgrade/update
>the existing kernel Please.
>
>apt-get install kernel - seem not to work?

The kernel lives in packages with a base name of linux-image. To see
what kernel is installed:

$ dpkg -l|grep linux-image

To see what kernels are available:

$ apt-cache search linux-image

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win, you're still retarded.
     -- Unknown