MPEG-4 Movies

Michael R Head head at acm.org
Sat Jul 9 04:24:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:11 -0300, Celson Aquino wrote:
> > That should only happen in warty, IIUC. In hoary ubuntu-desktop allows ...
>
> But I am using Hoary (5.04)!

Well, the rest of my comment still stands, though if you look at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hoary/base/ubuntu-desktop
and
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hoary/gnome/totem

You'll see that in hoary, ubuntu-desktop depends on totem which depends
on either totem-gstreamer or totem-xine.

Which version of ubuntu-desktop do you have? (you can find this out in
synaptic or at the command line by doing 'dpkg -l ubuntu-desktop')

Also note this in the description of ubuntu-desktop:
        It is safe to remove this package if some of the desktop system
        packages are not desired. However, it is recommended that you
        keep it installed, because it is used to carry out certain
        upgrade transitions (such as adding new packages to the system).

mike

--
Michael R Head <head at acm.org>
http://www.core.binghamton.edu/~burner/new/res.html