loop-AES and ubuntu
ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Jul 7 18:56:43 UTC 2005
I had this exact problem when I was running mandrake. It seems they use
a different block size or offset or something. Not sure which parameter
is wrong; I know I read about it and tried the suggestions I found but
nothing ever seemed to work.
I "fixed" the problem by creating a new (unencrypted) partition on
another drive, I made an "in the clear" backup of my old encrypted
drive, reinstalled linux, then copied the backup into a new encrypted
partition. When I was sure I had my files all transferred properly I
reconfigured the "in the clear" partition to an encrypted one as well
and then dd copied a DVD movie to it over and over (one giant file of
garbage) until the partition was filled to capacity. Then I deleted the
big file of junk and used it normally as well.
Crude, but effective. Since I'm not one for changing distros all the
time I've only had to do that twice (once from windows to mandrake,
once from mandrake to ubuntu).
More information about the ubuntu-users