Putting icon in Applications menu

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Jul 7 18:42:30 UTC 2005

> awhile ago someone posted about a menu editor he made.  I never used
> it so I can't say how well it worked. A site to the new editor is at
>
> http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=867
>
> I would check it out if you are still interested.  Last I heard menu
> editing was going to be a feature of Gnome 2.12 (after being bumped
> from 2.10), are there any updates to this.

Yes. The menu editor you gave the link of above, is actually now
implemented in Breezy. It doesn't do much right now, and needs
polishing, but it's there. So far you can only hide or show existing
entries, you can't delete them or add new ones, nor re-organize the menu
or add new menus or sub-menus, nor change icons nor anything. But at
least it's there, and there are 3 months left before Breezy is released,
so I hope it will be finished in time.

--
Vince