Kernel source code IPW2200 compile

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Jul 7 05:04:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 02:02 pm, Mike wrote:
> Hi again guys
>
> I received advice from Ante recently where he suggested to get the
> latest 1.4 version of the IPW2200 drivers and compile and install it.
>
> I can't compile it assuming the problem is that I don't have the kernel
> source code loaded?? If I do an apt-cache search kernel-source it only
> lists 2.4 kernels??
>
> Do I need to add another repository??
>
> Mike

You don't need any extra repositories, you just need to install the "right"
package :)

(wrapped+indented to fit screen)
linux-source-2.6.10 - Linux kernel source for version 2.6.10 with Ubuntu
                      patches
linux-source-2.6.11 - Linux kernel source for version 2.6.11 with Ubuntu
                      patches

If you're running a default Ubuntu Hoary install, you need
"linux-source-2.6.10" - but to check the version of your running kernel use:
uname -r

Once you've installed the source for your running kernel (assuming you only
boot one kernel version), you may need to copy the kernel config
to /usr/src/linux so the IPW2200 driver can build properly:
cp -v /boot/config-$(uname -r) /usr/src/linux/.config

The "-v" is just so you can double-check the correct config was copied over.

After that you should be all set. Good luck!

Cheers,

James
--
Ah, sweet Springtime, when a young man lightly turns his fancy over!