[Breezy] X won't start, following today's update ?

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Mon Jul 4 19:07:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:00:51AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I think sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg-dbg will do this.

Here's what I get after the curses part of that
dpkg-reconfigure command ends:

xserver-xorg postinst warning: overwriting possibly-customised configuration
   file; backup in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.200507041505
dexconf: error: this program does not know how to configure the
"xserver-xorg-dbg" X server
xserver-xorg postinst warning: error while preparing new Xorg X server
   configuration file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.dpkg-new; not attempting to
   update existing configuration

?

--
Stephen R. Laniel