permision denied to write in a partition mounted at startup

Ante Karamatić ivoks at grad.hr
Mon Jul 4 17:04:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 21:57 +0500, Mustafa Abbasi wrote:

> i has the smae problem.
> do this.
> go to terminal and type
> sudo nautilus.
> nautilus will open up.
> go to the moun point of the drive
> and right click on it and then change the permissioins.
> for some reson i was unable to change the permission of other and
> groups to write and i had to make my user the owner.
> try it.

This isn't a solution. It will work for that mount, but vfat doesn't
store permissons. Cause of that, on next boot you will have to do that
again. This works only for Linux filesystems (ext2/3, xfs, reiserfs,
jfs, etc...).

--
Ante Karamatic|--|ivoks(@)grad.hr|--|PGP: D3BDA225
http://master.grad.hr/~ivoks/|--|ICQ: 64631782