gnoppix and Ubuntu

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Jul 3 10:55:21 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-02 at 18:49 -0400, BB wrote:

> I for one have the live CD and would really like to know how to get it
> to install on my HD so I can see what it's made of. I also tried
> changing the resolution to 1024 x 768 but no luck on that :(.

The Ubuntu Live CD only runs from the CD so far as I know. You cannot
install it to your hard disk.

> > 'Gnoppix' (http://www.gnoppix.org/) is not a live-cd only, i installed
> > it in 20 minutes on my hard-drive
>
> Can I get this in writing from another human as I am unable to find a
> hard copy of the FULL install? ;)

IIRC, you type INSTALL or something, there are instructions on the
screen) at the boot prompt to take it through the install to hard disk
process. You need to download the gnoppix image from www.gnoppix.org,
writ the image to CD and then boot from the CD.

I've not tried installing it so maybe some others can add their
experience here?

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold