Crossover

Tom Adelstein tom.adelstein at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 20:57:51 UTC 2005

On 7/2/05, Alain Muls <alain.muls at telenet.be> wrote:
>  Hi
>
>  I finally fot my colleague to install Ubuntu, but he is claiming that he
> cannot work without Outlook. I have a personal copy of Croosover which I do
> not use. So I decided to give it a try and installed it on his brand new
> Ubuntu. The initial install went fine, but when the setup for the windows
> programs (Outlook, Word, and so on) was started, the program said that it
> was not able to read information about the DLLs. Has anyone had similar
> problems and how can I solve it?
>
>  Tx
>

>  Best regards,

Alain,

Outlook should install without a problem.

It you got the error during installation, start Crossover Setup window
and see if it shows outlook as being installed.

If so, then click on the entry and click  Repair/ Remove with Outlook
in the CD Rom drive.

Then select repair and it should go through and and fix it.

If Outlook isn't in the Crossover Setup window, then you may have an
unsupported version. If so, attempt to install it as unsupported.

I have the same problems when I install applications that go with
Microsoft Office. For example, word does the same thing. But it always
winds up working.