gnoppix and Ubuntu

BB ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Jul 2 18:25:34 UTC 2005

Tony Arnold Wrote:
> Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I don't recall seeing it, but
> I've just discovered that the latest release of gnoppix
> (www.gnoppix.org) verion 1.0.1 (developer) is now based on Ubuntu! This
> is really great news to me.
>
> Has anyone tried it? How does gnoppix compare to the Ubuntu live CD?
> How
> does it compare to knoppix as a live CD? Any comments folks?
>
> Regards,
> Tony.
>
> P.S., I apologise now if this is old news and I'm a bit slow on the up
> take!
> --
> Tony Arnold, IT Security Coordinator, University of Manchester,
> IT Services Division, Kilburn Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M13
> 9PL.
> T: +44 (0)161 275 6093, F: +44 (0)870 136 1004, M: +44 (0)773 330 0039
> E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold

This is a very interesting topic and should be discussed a little
further.

I do like the way it presents it's self but I don't find it to be a
useful full base release as like Ubuntu runs with it's backports and
community in which is the MAIN fact of Ubuntu really being the top of
the line distro.

If gnoppix is really finding it's self to run like Ubuntu, then maybe
it's linked arms with the developers?

--
BB