ATi graphics problems as ever

GyroTech gyrotech at freakinabox.com
Fri Jul 1 18:52:33 UTC 2005

I have just been trying Kubuntu and it's been working very well on my
laptop. Recently, I started using Cedega and most of the things require
3D acceleratio which the Mesa drivers provided don't seem to provide.
I tried the auto installer from ATi but it failed (error log at the end
of this), and converting the rpm for the Xorg only install but that
conflicted with xlibmesa and fglrx-control.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a howto or archived thread for
getting the hardware 3D acceleration working??

Many thanks

GT