Breezy Trick

russell cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jul 1 09:45:38 UTC 2005

Jewel wrote:

>I was able to get my X working by making a new Xorg.conf file.
>Normally I do this with `X -configure` which does everything
>automatically, but it fails with some error about drivers.  My debian
>buddy suggested `sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg`, which created an
>xorg.conf that works just great.  If you insist on running breezy,
>that might be something you can try.
>
>Jewel

I have this same problem with Breezy Xorg. It doesn't work unless I have
a working Xorg from Hoary. Even running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
doesn't fix it. The latest (last week or so) update I did broke X so bad
that I can't even get back to a console. ie. the keybaord is locked and
I can't do Ctrl-Alt-F1 or ANY other key except the computer's reset
button :-). I guess I need to wait until Breezy's a little more stable
before trying another install.

--
Kind Regards Russell