slow dialup to wanadoo anytime

humble.life bigs at loper2.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 30 23:22:33 UTC 2005

Hi, i'm a debian ubuntu user who connects to the internet via dialup.
My ISP is wanadoo anytime

the settings are (minus the username details and telephone number)

IP - not allocated to dialup users
DNS - 195.92.195.94
         - 195.92.195.95

proxy http://www-cache.freeserve.com/    (Port - 8080)

if i use any of the settings above (either with pppconfig or the network
gui) i get blocked from connecting anywhere, if i use "direct connection
to internet" in individual program settings I get a connection, but at
1k!   So I can get at email, and slow slow slow support sites, but I
can't seem to find any working solutions.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Simon.