Wiki user name (e-mail address) - how to change?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun Jan 30 16:40:05 UTC 2005

pe, 2005-01-28 kello 09:31 +0200, Ari Torhamo kirjoitti:
> to, 2005-01-27 kello 22:15 -0800, Simon Michael kirjoitti:
> > In practice, no. The community would usually remember or find out who
> > he/she is and what he/she has done. In any case, collaboration sometimes
> > goes faster with less attribution - everyone owns the docs, like code in
> > extreme programming.
>
> OK, I'm sure you are right. Just thought that separeted username and
> e-mail address might be more flexible. But apparently you know the
> practice and would know if there was a problem.
>
> Everyone owns the docs... that sounds good. Extreme programming, what is
> that? Programming on the fly - write it as you use it :-)
> ..... visiting Wikipedia ......
> OK, now I know what extreme programming is (as far as a non-programmer
> can ever know :)
>
> Thanks Simon for your anwser
>
> Ari

I don't seem to let this thread die, but this is kind of funny: How do
you unsubscribe from www.ubuntulinux.org. There doesn't seem to be a way
to do that at My Preferences page and the FAQ page "How do I
register..." ( http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/registration ) doesn't give this information.

For those who haven't read the previous messages in this thread, my
e-mail address has changed and I'm trying to get it updated everywere it
exists. Because you apparently can't change your username (which is your
e-mail address) for www.ubuntulinux.org, I have to unsubscribe and
subscribe back again with my new e-mail address to get the address
changed.

Is this a missing "feature", or more likely - am I missing
something? :-)

Ari