annoncing gaveman in hoary universe

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sat Jan 29 22:09:24 UTC 2005

la, 2005-01-29 kello 15:02 -0500, tpls kirjoitti:
> Hi Ari,
>
> What the command "cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc --scanbus" prints?
>
> I had a bit same kind problem when I tried to erase cdrws. Progress bar
> went fast to the end and pop-up says that Operation succesfull. The
> solution which I explained above also worked for this. BTW, which
> version do you have?
>
> Tuomas

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, it took a while to get the print. For some reason
copy-paste has stopped to work for me from the terminal to Evolution.
Nor does it work to Gedit. I just found out that it works from the
terminal to OpenOffice and from there to Evolution (any ideas? :-). The
version I use is 0.2-ubuntu2 (installed with Synaptic from grawert.net).

Here's the print:

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a29 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J?rg
Schilling

NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an unofficial (modified) release of
cdrecord

and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.

Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools at packages.debian.org>.

The original author should not be bothered with problems of this
version.

scsidev: '/dev/hdc'

devname: '/dev/hdc'

scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2

Warning: Open by 'devname' is unintentional and not supported.

Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27

Using libscg version 'ubuntu-0.8ubuntu1'.

cdrecord: Warning: using unofficial version of libscg (ubuntu-0.8ubuntu1
'@(#)scsitransp.c 1.90 04/01/14 Copyright 1988,1995,2000-2004 J.
Schilling').

scsibus1:

1,0,0 100) 'LITE-ON ' 'LTR-24102B ' '5S0D' Removable CD-ROM

1,1,0 101) *

1,2,0 102) *

1,3,0 103) *

1,4,0 104) *